Shoes of the week
I've always loved fun shoes - the more colorful and patterned the better. Yet, I feel like I'm getting more boring the older I get. So I'm making a conscious effort to seek out fun shoes again. 2017 will be FUN.
Of course, the shoes must be comfortable, since we do a lot of walking over here (in all weather). Luckily it's finally warming up, so I'm super excited to ditch the boots and bust out some of my favorites. Here's a look at a few that I wore this past week:
- Sometimes to get really unique shoes, you have to turn to etsy. I find tons of really cute items here (from jewelry to clutches to shoes) and these leather sandals from BaliElf are adorable. And I love supporting small businesses and wearing something handmade (from Bali!!).
- Everyone should own a pair of blue-suede booties! And I absolutely do not care about my shoes "matching" an outfit - I prefer a little color contrast anyway!). I bought these last year, so they're no longer available. But here's a similar pair!
- Warm weather means the peep-toe bootie sandals are back again! A nice way to dress up even the most casual work outfits.
- I already shared these Steve Madden sneakers last week, but I can't go on enough about how comfy and perfect they are for everyday. I have them in the grey/nude color, but I also really want them in black.
- These Dolce Vita booties have been my trusty side-kick throughout Fall and Winter. I've spent hours walking around town in these and they're always comfortable.
- D'orsay flats from Root Collective - I love brands that not only make cute shoes/clothes, but also are ethically made. This brand focuses on handcrafted quality (thus they often sell out quickly) and empowering women. This exact pattern is no longer available, but they have a lot of other unique styles and patterns. I've been eyeing up their smoking flats for a while now..