Outfits of the week
My sister is the designated fashionista of the family. She always has the cutest outfit ideas; seriously, go follow her on instagram immediately (@kirstenallie) - it'll make you realize just how not cool I am. But I do love clothes (Warren can attest to my regular deliveries from Zalando - I heart free shipping and free returns) and love mixing cute patterns and pieces. He also can tell you how annoyed he gets having to be my outfit photographer. #sorrynotsorry
Here's a round-up of a few of my outfits this past week.
- I originally bought this floral-print Mango dress for our upcoming trip to Cinque Terre over Easter, but decided to test-drive it for a recent date night (we went to see the Mary Poppins musical in Zurich - soooo good!). I'm hoping its warm enough next month in Italy to wear it without tights. I'm so sick of tights!
- The weather here has been a pretty standard Spring - mild, but rainy. So for a casual Sunday brunch, I skipped the jacket, but brought out my trusty burgundy Hunter boots and warm blanket scarf. Can you guess where I bought the sweatshirt?
- Are ruffles back in style? I don't even care, I love them. On Monday, I wore my new striped ruffle top from Banana Republic with a bright red skirt. You can't see it very well in the photo (check out the link), but the top has ruffle cap sleeves, as well as a ruffle down the buttons.
- For a more casual work look, I wore this ruffle-neck key-hole T-shirt with my new favorite faux suede jacket from Asos. It's surprisingly warm and I kinda wish it came in more colors so I could buy them all. And these shoes! Warren calls them my Oma shoes, since he thinks they look like something my grandma would wear. If so, then she'd be super cute! Because these are the perfect comfy and casual slip-on shoe. I might need them in black too.
- Sunny days call for bright colors and peep-toes! I love this coral v-neck sweater from Banana Republic and peep-toe wedge sandals. The shoes are a perforated leather with a metallic sheen. Happy Spring!